Gabe’s written three books at the time of writing and each is a testament to his wealth of knowledge and excitement for the field.
All of Gabe’s books are great. He’s been the undisputed champion and advocate of gamifiaction since it gathered a bit of buzz-wordiness many years ago. His language is easy to follow and with just a little hint of the casual.
When I undertook one of Gabe’s workshops in Sydney in 2008 it became quickly apparent that the excited nature and energy that comes through in his books is a him up and down.
- Go with ‘The Gamification Revolution: How Leaders Leverage Game Mechanics to Crush the Competition – 2013‘ if…
- You want Gabe’s “more recent” thinking
- You want some more in depth definitions on game mechanics
- You wanna get excited about gamification
- Go with ‘Gamification by Design: Implementing Game Mechanics in Web and Mobile Apps – 2011‘ if…
- You wanna hear the gist of what Gabe’s on about
- You’re not concerned by price – this book is silly expensive for some reason
- You wanna see an example and screenshots of a third party Gamification tool
- Go with ‘Game-Based Marketing: Inspire Customer Loyalty Through Rewards, Challenges, and Contests – 2010‘ if…
- You want a little more depth than could be gathered from Gabe’s other book
- You wanna see where it all started